The country is at a critical juncture. August will be the month when the country decides whether it supports reform and what shape it should take. It is crucial that the American people understand the broad consensus that exists on the essential building blocks for bipartisan reform.
“With that in mind, there are five facts we believe all Americans should know:
- Health plans have proposed comprehensive health care reform to cover all Americans, make care more affordable, and improve quality.
- Health plans proposed health insurance reform last year.
- Health plans have proposed far-reaching initiatives to bend the health cost curve and make care more affordable for individuals, families, and employers.
- Health plans are advocating and advertising in support of bipartisan reform.
- Out of every dollar the nation spends on health care, one penny goes to health plan profits.
“Our community includes thousands of dedicated, conscientious Americans who are working hard across the country to try and improve health care. They are ordinary Americans from all walks of life who are raising their families and contributing to their communities. They do not deserve to be demonized or vilified as part of a campaign to distract attention away from the sinking support for a government-run program.”
My sentiments exactly.Preferred provider network vendor Multiplan announced today that it is acquiring Viant which owns the Beech Street preferred provider network. "The transaction is expected to close before the end of the year, subject to satisfaction of closing conditions including customary regulatory approvals. Financial terms were not disclosed."